Do you like taking a self care day?
Here are a bunch of fun ideas for a self care day. It’s important to take time for yourself – to refresh your body, mind, and spirit.
What is Self Care?
Self-care is anything that refreshes your mind, body, or spirit.
It’s not all just spa treatments – it’s giving yourself space and time to refresh yourself.
Self Care Ideas for a Relaxing Day
Self care days can include all sorts of activities.
A lot of times when we talk about self care we focus on body treatments and skincare (which can be lovely), but there are lots of refreshing ways to practice self care.
Here are 75 ideas for a self care day. Which one will you try?
- Spend some time writing in a journal.
- Walk outside for at least 15 minutes (without your headphones in).
- Have a DIY spa day at home.
- Enjoy a cup of tea with a teaspoon of honey.
- Sit in quiet meditation for 15 minutes.
- Spend time with some friends who encourage you.
- Get a massage.
- Listen to an uplifting podcast.
- Dance for 30 minutes to music you love.
- Clean out your closet and donate any clothes that you no longer love.
- Say some positive affirmations.
- Sit in the sun for at least 10 minutes (but wear sunscreen!)
- Create a vision board with images you love.
- Try an art activity – like watercolor or sketching.
- Have a relaxing bath.
- Read a fun book.
- Make your bedroom more relaxing.
- Color in an adult coloring book.
- Try some natural beauty recipes at home.
- Try a recipe you’ve always wanted to make.
- Spend a day unplugged from technology.
- Paint your nails.
- Feed some birds or fish at a park.
- Take a break from reading the news.
- Enjoy a picnic outside.
- Write out your favorite inspiring quotes.
- Watch some TED talks on self love.
- Relax in a hammock.
- Have a girls night in.
- Have a bonfire and make some s’mores.
- Do a puzzle.
- Talk to a therapist.
- Try acupuncture.
- Make some decorated foccacia.
- Plan something fun (like a day trip or adventure with a friend).
- Workout with a yoga video on Youtube.
- Go to a u-pick farm and pick berries, apples, or peaches.
- Turn off the notifications on your phone.
- Watch a movie with a friend.
- Sit in a sauna or steam room.
- Make some giant bubbles.
- Make a Pinterest board with some of your favorite things.
- Make a list of goals you’d like to achieve in the next 10 years.
- Drink a glass of warm lemon water.
- Watch the sunset.
- Tidy up a room in your house.
- Enjoy an afternoon at a pumpkin patch.
- Set some small goals for the week.
- Take a long walk in the woods.
- Buy a pretty plant.
- Wear clothes that you love and that make you feel great.
- Write some poetry.
- Diffuse some essential oils.
- Drink several glasses of water.
- Hang some pictures or something else pretty.
- Make banana bread and enjoy it with some tea.
- Dry brush your skin.
- Call someone you love just to chat.
- Make yourself a green smoothie.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Do 15 minutes of stretching.
- Make a list of things you love about yourself.
- Try a new exercise class.
- Order some takeout you’ve never tried before.
- Go to bed 30 minutes early.
- Go out for ice cream.
- Give yourself a facial massage.
- Make a superfood hot chocolate.
- Take a 15-minute nap.
- Eat a meal with a friend.
- Make a list of things you’re grateful for.
- Volunteer at a local shelter.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Walk around an art museum.
- Sleep with your phone in another room.
How do you practice self care? Let us know in the comments below.
More Self-Care Articles
If you’re a self care junkie, you’ll love these other articles on taking care of your mind, body, and spirit.