Here are 50 ways to enjoy a DIY spa day at home. Everyone loves the relaxed feeling of being pampered at a spa.
Splashing out on a spa day can be expensive though, but you can still have all the fun and benefits of a spa day at home.
DIY some of your favorite experiences – maybe you like a warm foot bath or a deep cleansing face mask – with just a few simple pantry ingredients you can have a homemade spa experience.
Many of the below suggestions would be wonderful DIY spa gifts – there are face sprays, masks, bath bombs, and may other easily packaged items that your friends and family will love.
Let us know in the comments below which DIY spa item you’ll be trying!
Make some DIY Scrubs & Soap
DIY scrubs leave your skin glowing and refreshed!
You don’t need to use a scrub every day and we recommend avoiding facial scrubs as the skin on your face is so delicate. But a full body scrub feels wonderful!
1. Make this Rose Sugar Scrub Recipe.
2. Make this Blush Pink Sugar Body Scrub.
3. Make this DIY Margarita Salt Scrub.
4. Make this Simple Coconut Lavender Salt Scrub.
5. Make this DIY Gemstone Soap.
6. Make this Rosemary and Lavender Sugar Scrub.
Make Spa Water
Spa water is water that’s been infused with fruit or vegetables.
It tastes great and is super refreshing! Serve it in a beautiful pitcher for that extra spa experience
8. Make and drink this DIY Spa Day Spa Water.
9. Make this Winter Citrus Spa Water.
10. Make this Spa Detox Water Recipe.
DIY Bath Bombs
Making your own bath bombs is super fun – they also make great DIY spa gifts.
It’s even cuter when you have a bath bomb mold to press them into, so they have a cute pattern or shape.
11. Make these Homemade Bath Bombs Using a Moon Cake Press.
12. Make these DIY Glitter Bath Bombs.
13. Make this Soothing Lavender Oatmeal Bath Bombs Recipe.
14. Make these Coffee and Cream Bath Bombs.
15. Make these Flower Bath Bombs.
16. Make these Green Tea and Lemon Bath Bombs.
DIY Lotion & Body Butter
Make your own lotions and body butter – your skin will thank you!
It’s surprisingly easy to make DIY lotions and they’ll last you for a long time.
17. Make this Unicorn Whipped Body Butter.
18. Try these DIY Lotion Bars.
19. Make this DIY Whipped Lavender Lotion with Coconut Oil.
20. Make this Peppermint Whipped Body Butter.
21. Try this Whipped Pumpkin Spice Body Butter.
22. Make this Homemade Body Butter.
DIY Facials & Masks
Pamper your beautiful face with a DIY facial or mask. These DIY skincare recipes leave your face glowing and bright.
23. Make this Soothing Milk & Honey Facial Mask.
24. Try this Calming Aloe Cleanser.
25. Make this DIY Rose Water Face Spray.
26. Make this DIY Hydrating Face Mask.
27. Try this At Home Avocado Honey & Yogurt Face Mask.
28. Make this DIY Charcoal + Clay Face Mask for Acne and Blackheads.
29. Try this 2-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Face Mask.
30. Make this DIY Banana Face Mask.
Baths & Foot Soak
Give yourself some time to relax in a warm bath.
Adding fruit, salts, and other ingredients to your bath refreshes your skin and creates a calming spa atmosphere.
31. Make this Citrus Mint Hand & Foot Soak.
32. Make this Lavender & Magnesium Soak.
33. Make this Orange Honey Oat Bath Soak.
34. Make this DIY Lavender Milk Bath.
35. Make this DIY Grapefruit Rosemary Bath Salts.
DIY Massage Oils
DIY massage oils make a wonderful gift and are great for couples spa nights.
36. Give yourself a relaxing face massage.
37. Make this Homemade Scalp Massage Oil.
38. Make these DIY Massage Candles.
39. Make this DIY Massage Oil.
DIY Nail Care
Taking care of your nails and cuticles makes you look put together, but it can also be a relaxing and therapeutic spa day experience.
40. Make this DIY Cuticle Oil with Essential Oils.
41. Make these DIY Nail Masks.
42. Try this DIY Nail Art.
43. Make these DIY Nail Soaks.
44. Make this DIY Nail Strengthener.
DIY Hair Care & Styling
Tame frizzy hair, prevent split ends and add moisture to your hair with these DIY hair masks, hair oils, and treatments.
45. Make this DIY Sea Salt Texturizing Hair Spray.
46. Make this Growth Stimulating Mask for Thinning Hair.
47. Try this DIY Hair Chalk.
48. Make this DIY 2-Ingredient Avocado Hair Mask.
49. Try this Moisturizing Mask for Split Ends.
50. Make this Homemade Coconut Oil and Honey Hair Mask.
Enjoy your spa day! If you have other DIY spa day recipe recommendations, please share them in the comments below.