These delicious summer pasta salads are perfect for picnics, BBQs, and other summer parties! If you like pasta salads, you’ll love these recipes.
How to Make Great Summer Pasta Salads
A great summer pasta salad has fresh flavors and perfectly cooked pasta.
Bronze-die cut pasta is best for pasta salads – it’s has a rougher texture and will allow dressings and vinaigrettes to stick to it.
Choosing in-season produce will yield tasty and flavorful pasta salads. Some seasonal produce that works well in pasta salads includes bell peppers, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, corn, salad greens, and basil.
What are your favorite pasta salads?
Tips for Making Summer Pasta Salads
Inspired to make your own summer pasta salad? Here are some tips for making great salads.
- Choose high-quality, seasonal fruit. Buying local and seasonal fruit and vegetables will not only taste the best but it will be cheaper.
- If you use salad greens, use a salad spinner to get all the water off. It makes the leaves hold dressing or vinaigrette better.
- Think about the texture. Make sure to have a balance of crunchy and creamy ingredients.
- Don’t forget the salt. Sea salt and kosher salt are both great in salads and bring out the natural flavors of the food.
- Use bronze die-cut pasta that’s made from durum wheat – it’s the highest quality pasta.
- Taste as you go along and adjust seasonings as necessary.
More Healthy Food Ideas
If you like healthy recipes, be sure to check out our other articles.