These delicious summer salads with fruit showcase the best of the season’s most exciting flavors! If you like summer fruit, you’ll want to try these recipes.
How to Make Great Summer Fruit Salads
A great summer fruit salad has a mix of flavors and texture. When you eat seasonal produce you’re not only getting the best flavors, but it’s usually cheaper too.
Summer seasonal produce includes watermelon, blueberries, mango, peach, cantaloupe, kiwi, nectarine, raspberries, figs, plums, peaches, grapes, blackberries, apricots, and cherries.
What are your favorite summer fruit salads?
Tips for Making Fruit Salads
Inspired to make your own salad? Here are some tips for making great summer fruit salads.
- Choose high-quality, seasonal fruit. Buying local and seasonal fruit will not only taste the best but it will be cheaper.
- If you use salad greens, use a salad spinner to get all the water off. It makes the leaves hold dressing or vinaigrette better.
- Think about the texture. Make sure to have a balance of crunchy and creamy ingredients.
- Don’t forget the salt. Sea salt and kosher salt are both great in salads and bring out the natural flavors of the food.
- Add toasted nuts or seeds to add flavor and texture.
- Taste as you go along and adjust seasonings as necessary.
More Healthy Food Ideas
If you like healthy recipes, be sure to check out our other articles.