These quick instant pot recipes are a life-savor! Sometimes we all need a quick meal or recipe, without a lot of hands-on time. These 20 recipes are ready with just 15 minutes of instant pot cooking!
What’s an Instant Pot?
An instant pot is a pressure cooker and multicooker (rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, etc). It’s primarily known and used for the quick, pressure cooking function and is a favorite of home cooks who like easy, quick meals. It also has a sauté setting that allows you to brown meat and sauté vegetables – so it can truly be one-pot cooking.
Tips for Cooking in an Instant Pot
- Make sure to read the Instant Pot manual before using the machine.
- Make sure to cut meat and vegetables in equal sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Higher altitudes will affect cooking times in the Instant Pot.
- Don’t skimp on moisture – the easiest way to ruin your food is to use too little water, stock, or other liquid in your Instant Pot.
- There are two types of ways to release the pressure from the Instant Pot – there’s a natural release and a quick release. The quick release blows quite a bit of steam out of the top of the pot, throw a towel over it if you are worried about getting the surrounding area wet.
- Don’t cook with the Instant Pot under your cabinets, as it will vent onto them – keep it in an open area of your kitchen.
- The Instant Pot comes with lots of fun accessories – like the Instant Pot Silicone Steamer Basket, Cheesecake and Cake Pan for Instant Pots, Sealing Rings, Accessories for Instant Pot, Indian Instant Pot Cookbook, and The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook.
- Join the Instant Pot community on Facebook for more recipe ideas.
20 quick Instant Pot recipes that are ready in just 15 minutes!
If you’re looking for the best thing to cook in an instant pot, check out these easy, quick recipes. They include recipes for pasta, chicken, beef, oatmeal, soups, and noodles.
1. Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Curry Trail
2. One-Pot Chive and Bacon Mac and Cheese from I Heart Naptime
3. Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry from Cooking Carnival
4. Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas from Recipes From A Pantry
5. Instant Pot Lemon Asparagus Risotto from The Recipe Well
6. Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese from Curry Trail
7. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken from Little Sunny Kitchen
8. Instant Pot Cauliflower Curry from Pinch of Yum
9. Instant Pot Rosé Risotto from The View From Great Island
10. Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats from Maple + Mango
11. Vegan Pasta E Fagioli from This Healthy Kitchen
12. Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore from Pinch of Yum
13. Instant Pot Colombian Chicken Potato Soup from Cotter Crunch
14. Instant Pot Tortellini with Basil and Parmesan from Peas and Crayons
15. Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli from Little Sunny Kitchen
16. Paleo Whole 30 Chili from The Movement Menu
17. Instant Pot Sticky Maple Ginger Rice Noodles from Moon and Spoon and Yum
18. The Best Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe from Recipes From A Pantry
19. Favorite Instant Pot Gumbo from Cotter Crunch
20. Creamy Instant Pot Mushroom Pasta from Piping Pot Curry
Have any other favorite, quick instant pot recipes? Leave them in the comments below!