These healthy meal prep ideas make planning for a week of healthy eating totally doable. Meal prep for the week can be tedious if you don’t choose recipes that come together quickly.
What is Meal Prep?
Meal prepping is the practice of preparing all your meals ahead of time. Lots of people will cook one day a week (usually Saturday or Sunday) and then portion their food for the week.
Why Should I Meal Prep?
Meal prepping is so popular because of its benefits – it’s an easy way to portion out your meals, can help you save money (no last-minute Uber eats orders!), and can ultimately save you time.
Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes
Here are some great breakfast meal prep recipes that will get you through several weeks!
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cups – Makes 6 Servings – Ready in 35 Minutes – Have your oatmeal on the go with these Blueberry Oatmeal Cups! Lightly sweetened with maple syrup and bursting with flavor from juicy fresh blueberries, you will love this healthy meal prep breakfast!
- Wholesome 5-Day Breakfast Meal Prep – Makes 5 Servings – Ready in 1 hour – A nutritious and delish breakfast meal prep plan for the family on the go. This breakfast meal plan will keep you satisfied for hours.
- Breakfast Casserole with Sweet Potatoes and Beef – Makes 8 Servings – Ready in 60 Minutes – This breakfast casserole recipe is easy to throw together and it can be made ahead of time.
- Best Ever Granola Recipe – Makes 10 Servings – Ready in 25 Minutes – This healthier, homemade granola is a delicious breakfast treat when served with yogurt and fresh fruit. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches: Freezer Friendly – Makes 12 servings – Ready in 27 minutes – These Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect for meal prep and breakfast on the go for kids and adult!
- Meal Prep Salmon Breakfast Bowl – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 1 hour – Whole30 Meal Prep Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowls make an easy meal prep dish featuring smoked salmon, breakfast potatoes, greens, a quick salad, and optional eggs!
- Lemon Poppyseed Overnight Oats – Makes 1 serving – Ready in 5 minutes – This Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats recipe is a deliciously healthy on-the-go breakfast that can be made the night before in 5 minutes or less!
- Easy Microwave Scrambled Egg Cup Recipe – Makes 1 serving – Ready in 5 minutes – These Easy Microwave Scrambled Egg Cup Recipes are a great meal prep idea for a healthy breakfast that is hot and ready in just minutes!
Lunch Meal Prep Ideas
These easy lunch meal prep recipes can be easily packed and taken to work. They’re great on the go recipes and travel well.
- Mediterranean Meal Prep – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 30 Minutes – This Mediterranean Meal Prep is a vegan lunch combo that includes tabbouleh, pita bread, and hummus. It’s veggie-packed and full of delicious flavors!
- Vegan Sticky Sesame Chickpea Recipe – Makes 4 to 6 servings – Ready in 15 minutes – Easy, flavorful, and packed with plant protein, this sesame chickpea recipe is a quick and healthy dinner the whole family will love.
More Meal Prep Lunch Recipes
- Chicken Hummus Naan Wraps – Makes 4 Wraps – Ready in 15 minutes – An easy chicken wrap recipe you can throw together in just 15 minutes for a quick & healthy dinner or lunch.
- Italian Herb Chicken and Vegetables – Makes 2 Servings – Ready in 35 Minutes – This sheet pan Italian herb chicken is a light, quick and flavorsome all-in-one dinner packed with flavor. It’s so tender, easy to assemble and a snap to clean up!
- Vegan Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl – Makes 2 Servings – Ready in 30 minutes – This Vegan Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl is the perfect easy, tasty and healthy plant-based meal.
- Vegetarian Burritos Recipe: Freezer Friendly – Makes 8 Servings – Ready in 35 minutes – This easy Vegetarian Burritos Recipe combines beans, quinoa, veggies and of course cheese for a healthy lunch on the go or weeknight dinner.
- Chicken Meal Prep with Brown Rice – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 35 minutes – Chicken brown rice meal prep is one of the easiest, healthy, budget-friendly recipes.
- 30 Minute Thai Peanut Meal Prep Bowls – Makes 5 to 6 Servings – Ready in 30 minutes – Have your meal prep completed in under 30 minutes with these Thai Peanut Chicken Meal Prep Bowls.
- Smoky Chickpea and Kale Rice Bowl – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 20 minutes – Smoky chickpeas and kale are sauteed with aromatic spices for a deep flavor with a healthy twist. This vegan rice bowl is simple and delicious.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff with Rice – Makes 2 Servings – Ready in 17 minutes – Ground beef stroganoff is classic comfort food, turned meal prep workweek lunches!
- Chicken Souvlaki Meal Prep Bowls – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 55 minutes – These grilled Greek chicken meal prep bowls are easy to make, healthy, delicious, and filling! You will love the fresh Mediterranean flavors, quinoa, and veggies.
- Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 23 minutes – This Buffalo Chicken Meal Prep with rice and roasted garlic cauliflower makes for a healthy, flavorful and satisfying meal that can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a quick and convenient meal!
- Meal Prep Caprese Salad – Makes 4 Servings – Ready 10 minutes – Marinated mozzarella cheese balls, vibrant and peppery arugula, ripened red grape tomatoes and a basil balsamic come together to make this simple but flavorful meal.
Dinner Meal Prep Ideas
Here are some of my favorite meal prep ideas for dinner. Enjoy your healthy dinner meal prep!
- Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe – Makes 6 Servings – Ready in 40 Minutes – This easy lasagna soup recipe has all of the delicious flavors of homemade lasagna without all the work! The perfect weeknight dinner that’s made in one pot!
- Better for You Instant Pot Orange Chicken – Makes 4 servings – Ready in 50 minutes – Sweet and salty, this saucy Instant Pot Orange Chicken is a healthier and tastier alternative to take out!
- Easy Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Makes 6 Servings – Ready in 20 Minutes – This delicious recipe tastes better than take-out and is done in 20 minutes. A flavorful one-pot dish that the whole family will love!
More Dinner Meal Prep Recipes
- Easy Sheet Pan Honey Ginger Shrimp and Veggies – Makes 3 Servings – Ready in 25 minutes – This Sheet Pan Honey Ginger Shrimp and Veggie Bake is the perfect quick and easy meal for those busy nights.
- Slow Cooker Chili Con Carne – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 5 hours – This chili con carne is made with minced beef, and has a hint of spice but is still kid-friendly. Slow cook chili to bring out as much flavor as possible.
- Sheet Pan Meal Prep Tofu – Makes 2 to 4 Servings – Ready in 30 minutes – This sheet pan recipe for roasted tofu, cabbage & peppers is an easy way to meal prep a healthy and nutritious vegetarian meal to enjoy throughout the week.
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken – Makes 4 Servings – Ready in 4 hours 10 minutes – Easy slow cooker honey garlic chicken – a healthy recipe with simple ingredients! Chicken thighs in a sticky, sweet addicting take-out like sauce.
- Spicy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – Makes 10 Servings – Ready in 55 minutes – Make chicken fajitas at home with this easy, one-pan recipe. Featuring colorful veggies, tender chicken, and a spicy homemade fajita seasoning.
- Sriracha Teriyaki Ground Turkey Meatballs – Makes 20 meatballs – Ready in 35 minutes – Great for an appetizer or make it into a meal with rice and a veggie! Use oats instead of breadcrumbs in your meatballs for added fiber!
- Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas – Makes 8 Servings – Ready in 45 minutes – This Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas recipe is healthy yet incredibly flavorful and satisfying. Best of all it is easy and the leftovers are awesome!
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry – Makes 3 Servings – Ready in 30 minutes – Flavor packed healthy chicken and broccoli stir fry made with chicken, broccoli, and a thick and sticky sauce to bring it all together
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables – Makes 6 to 8 Servings – Ready in 45 minutes – Chicken sausage and colorful vegetables are mixed with olive oil and your favorite spices for the perfect lunches or dinners during the week.
Healthy Meal Prep Tips