Are you all about self-improvement? Here are 10 excellent books to read if you want to improve your life.
These books are fan favorites for a reason – they touch on issues of money, career, and relationships – while getting to the truth of the decisions and choices we make that determine who we are.
If you want to be a better person, check out these ten books to read to improve your life (and the glowing reviews they’ve received).
Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links.
1. The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Berg
I wish every person on earth could read this book. It would change the world. I intend to buy this book for every person in my inner circle and leave one on every desk in my office. It’s THAT POWERFUL.
2. Go For No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There by Richard Fenton
“Your fear of hearing the word NO is the only thing standing between you and greatness.” A willingness to fail isn’t enough. A wantingness to fail, actually seeking “no’s is what’s needed.
When you develop a true wantingness to fail, rejection starts being fun! You can decide to make each no you receive and every rejection you encounter something that empowers you so that instead of avoiding rejection, you decide to seek rejection.”
3. You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
“10/10 recommend. Loved this book. One year ago I read this book and it helped change my life. Who knew all I had to do was change my thoughts and everything would fall into place! It made me kick my healthy lifestyle and I’ve lost 85 pounds in one year.”
4. Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World by Tim Ferris
“This book is an excellent compilation of advice from some of the most diverse and successful people in the world. It’s very organized and is one of those books you want to always have on your shelf in case you need some inspiration. One thing I loved about it is that it leads you to so many other books!”
5. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
“This is the book I would hope everyone would read. It’s wonderful and hugely important. For many of us, this is a new perspective about vulnerability, assertiveness around our needs and boundaries. Brene makes you think.
She’s never patronizing or sentimental – she’s accessible and challenging in a good way. For everyone who wants to love, be in a relationship, and have meaningful connection whether that’s with family, work colleagues, friends, or a partner – and finds that a little bit difficult.”
6. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
“This book is so good I find myself reaching for it again and again when I need motivation. Darren Hardy is the man and has some great advice, if you’re open to it. Even if you just need some nuggets of useful advice, you will take a strong message of accountability away from this book.”
7. Light is the New Black: A Guide to Answering Your Soul’s Callings and Working Your Light by Rebecca Campbell
“Great inspirational book. It’s like a spiritual life coach on paper. Reminding you to get back to who you really are, to ignore all the voices that tell you you can’t (your own and those of others), to shine your own unique light and be you!”
8. Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life by Hal Elrod
“I do not have enough words to say how much this book has changed the path of my life. After I found this book, I found Hal’s podcasts and from there on his Facebook group.
There is so much positivity in the book. Simple changes but can propel you to accomplish so much more. Just buying the book won’t change your life, but practicing what he says..therein lies the magic.”
9. First Steps to Wealth: A Revolution to Increase Your Income, Improve Your Relationships and Expand Your Influence by Dani Johnson
“Her laws of wealth are worth the entire price of this book. But she’ll also show you how to pull yourself out of debt, and how to develop the universal skills you need to succeed in life.”
10. Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life Beyond Your Wildest Dreams by Gabrielle Berstein
“A beautiful book for those wanting to help themselves live a wonderful life. I have been on an awakened spiritual path keeping it simple for over 10 years and loved the honesty of Gabrielle as sometimes we do forget or come away from our truth. This book has helped me realign with all that I know to be true.”
Want more self-development inspiration? Check out some of our favorite articles.