If you’ve ever wondered, “what’s my purpose in life?” or “is there something more I should be doing with my life?” then you’re in the right place. Let’s start by saying two things:
- We don’t all only have one purpose in life, often we are here for multiple purposes.
- Our purpose in life can change over time as we learn and grow.
With this in mind, let’s explore how to find what your purpose is in life really is.
What is a “Purpose in Life”?
What we really mean when we talk about purpose in life is, what’s the meaning to our life? We’re not here for a long time and if we really want to make it count, what are the things that we want to accomplish and learn? In other words, what makes you feel like this life is worth it.
Find Your Purpose in Life
Each of us is gifted with unique talents, abilities, experiences, and passions. And while every being on this planet has innate value and worth, no one is exactly like you. Isn’t that exciting?
You’re unique – so why are you here now, what has all this uniqueness come together for?
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Mark Twain
What I know from my own journey is that many of us are here on a journey of love – with both the desire to give and receive love. But most of us have at least two or three other reasons for being on this planet. I can’t tell you what those are for you, but I can give you the tools to begin to discover it for yourself.
Questions for Finding Your Purpose in Life
Trust your intuition to guide you and ask yourself these questions.
- What’s something that makes you feel really alive?
- If you met the ten-year-old version of you, would they be excited about what you’re doing right now?
- What’s one big thing you always wish you could have done?
- How do you like to help other people?
- What do you feel you are uniquely talented at?
- At what points in your life have you felt the most joy?
- What’s stopping you from doing bigger things?
Sit with these questions for a few minutes and get a feel for the answers.
Free Workbook for Finding Your Purpose in Life
So much of understanding your purpose in life is understanding your unmet needs. This workbook will help you understand what areas of your life you’d like to improve, give you daily journal prompts, and ask you some big juicy questions about why you’re here.
When you’re going through this workbook, trust your gut – let your intuition guide your answers!
This workbook is completely free.