You don’t have to do all of the healthy habits below to have a great start to your day, but trying a few of them together will make for an excellent start to your day.
Just remember, your morning ritual doesn’t have to look like everyone else’s for it to be successful.
How to Start Your Day In a Great Way with Healthy Habits
- Meditate. Regular morning meditation has many benefits – you will have a more calm outlook on your day and you’ll build your ability to focus.
- Don’t look at your phone or read the news right away. Many of us use our phones as alarm clocks (pro-tip: buy a real alarm clock and keep your phone out of your bedroom), so the first thing we touch when we wake up is our phone. From there it’s just an easy click into a news app or our email which can trigger stress. You don’t need to be confronted with your to-do list immediately.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Even the act of cooking or preparing yourself food in the morning will help you slow down and feel calmer. Make sure to wake up early enough that this isn’t rushed, so you don’t need to feel rushed and stressed. A bowl of oatmeal in the morning supports digestion, lowers blood sugar, and provides antioxidants.
- Stretch your body. A few minutes of stretching in the morning increases blood flow, improves your posture, and gives you more energy.
- Drink lots of water. Your body is slightly dehydrated in the morning and drinking a large glass of water will actually give you extra energy.
- Have a cup of tea. Enjoy a delicious green or jasmine tea in the morning – giving yourself time to enjoy a warm cuppa will be very relaxing.
- Set some positive intentions for the day. Setting an intention for the day can help you focus on what’s important to you. Try saying something aloud like, “I intend to respond with love today” or “I intend to give people the benefit of the doubt”.
What do you do to start your day? Let us know in the comments.